Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Mallorca- Part One




It was a glorious day..
as you can see from my photos..

a bit chilly in the morning










but the sun warmed the day
and made for great photo ops

I was enchanted with the island..








but who isn't?









if you have never been to Mallorca
put it on your short list...









it is stunning.. old and gorgeous..
something for everyone...

I was delighted to find school children sketching
the Cathedral..







and many of their sketches were quite good..
they were attentive and engrossed in their work
and it reminded me of 
always carrying a book and sketch pad with me wherever I
went as a young girl...









The Cathedral of Santa Maria of Palma
known locally
as 
La Seu

is pretty amazing..








and while we did not take the tour,

we were wowed at the outside..






and the beauty of the view...








it is a gorgeous Gothic Cathedral...








with outstanding details







and has been kept in pristine shape..








Just waiting for the tourists ...
the buggy waits ..








but we opted for a long days walk
around town...









looking up






looking straight ahead...









and looking down.. 
magnificent stone mosaic work all around the front
entrance..

swoon worthy...






I had so many photos that I will have to share
part 2
next week..


thank you so much for your loving support 
and as always, I appreciate your kind comments..


xo