Tuesday, July 11, 2017

June Art Journal Pages





I realized when I was writing
on my pages this month..

that I had a lot to say
about the color blue..

June was a lovely month
spent with family
cruising through the 
Caribbean..




Detail of June art journal pages, mixed media, Caterina Giglio



and although I wrote about our interactions..
and commented on the changes taking place in the grand kids..

I found that I kept going back to the
power of the ocean..








about the tranquility it provides ..
and the mesmerizing effect..






 that it has on me..
has on all of us, 
I imagine that I am not special..

since we are really water babies..
the water really does call us back
beckons us to travel inside ourselves to 
a deep spiritual place..

a place of connection rather than attachment..

or at least it feels like that to me,







I often have an idea in my head about 
how my pages 
"should" 
look..
each month I think I know where they are going to go..









and though my pages are little different 
than my original idea,
they still contain...






the basic idea..

the color of the Caribbean...

I originally intended to paint directly on the page..
and then I suddenly found myself painting sheets of paper..
in vibrant blues and greens..





and then I tore them into pieces and began to fit together the 
image that I saw in my head..

close 
not identical..

is it ever? identical?
not in my experience..
but I am pleased with it..

peace. tranquility. serenity. 
pure and simple...


Ingredients: gesso, pencil, hand painted papers, acrylic paints, Adirondack Color Wash,



June Art Journal pages, mixed media, Caterina Giglio



so gentle readers..
I am off to the studio..

and sorry to report no video this weekend..
my director/videographer/film editor
was called out of town..

so I will be spending a lot 
of time creating..

and starting July pages of course!


Ciao, ciao!